WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

HTML Mode Locker
It is not visible in the editor (11 posts)

  1. freemind369
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    After I installed the plugin I was not able to see it in the editor area. There is no HTML-Locker visbible and nothing to choose.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/html-mode-locker/

  2. slimpickings
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Just installed the same plugin for WP 3.3.1

    To activate it go to: Settings > Writing > HTML Mode Locker and check the box for pages and/or posts. After you save the settings you'll see the plugin when editing pages/posts.

    It seems that this plugin wasn't what I was looking for. I was hoping that I would get rid off the extra HTML that WP is adding to my code.

    I should learn to read, the plugin name is "HTML Mode Locker" not "Stop WP from adding extra HTML to my code" ;)

    Back to testing...

  3. freemind369
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Thank you for your hint!
    I did the settings where the plugin should be visible (post/page) and after saving it, it works.
    Sometimes it is an advantage to read the instruction before complainig ;-)

  4. slimpickings
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    You're welcome.

    Instructions?! Men don't read any instructions! I never do, I go by trial and error cause that's more fun :)

  5. Max Chirkov
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    After I moved to the US 11 years ago, I made a discovery to myself - I realized that things mostly worked, when followed the included instructions :) Where I come from, instructions will hurt your brain and people consider them as part of junk like a wrapper, license or fine print which is automatically discarded and trashed. But since I'm in the US now - I try to write instructions :)

  6. slimpickings
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I live in Finland... If I stop to read something I'll freeze a body part... Got to keep on moving :)

  7. Max Chirkov
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    LOL I live in Arizona now, the only time you can get a "brain freeze" if you eat too much ice cream :) Check out our 10-day forecast.

  8. slimpickings
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I'll see your 10% chance of rain on Thu and raise you with 20-90% of snow and rain every day.

  9. Max Chirkov
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    What's rain? :)

  10. I was hoping that I would get rid off the extra HTML that WP is adding to my code.

    You might want to give my plugin a try. What you are talking about (I think) is the wpautop function. It "guesses" on how certain content should appear in the editor. The only downside of disabling this function is that you must then go back to any saved posts/pages and restructure your content in some places.

    Anyways, here's a link to the plugin:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ultimate-tinymce/

  11. slimpickings
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Thanks Josh! I will look into your plugin.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic