@ Scott, Well you know what to do. Donate ;)
@ all, I'll write down what I try to achieve, so at least that's clear.
The idea is to create a site for an atlethics sports club. (around 500 members).
On the site there will be a form (Grafity form) where people can request membership of the club.
- Filling en sending the form should lead to:
a. e-mail to members administration, with the form info + request for account approval.
b. Automatic creation of the new account (not active until admin approves)(Membership plugin/WP functionality?)
c. store all info into the DB (Gravity Forms)
- The Account approval process, must give the ability to store extra (admin only) info the the users account (Gravity Forms)
- After account approval, an e-mail is sent to the new member with their login details
- The user should then be able to login to the site (preferably not the WP login, but maybe rerouted to other page?), where he/she can see/modify their own membership data (only the non-admin info of course).
- The website will get an option to show (a subset of) all clubmembers, if possible segmented based on some categorie info (Grafity forms Directory add-on)
- All data (or subsets thereof, can be exported to CSV for usage in other systems (Excel, Filemaker Pro, financial system)
- Later on, there might be the idea to connect this system with other systems, but since all data resides in the DB, that should not be too hard (if you have the knowledge)
And of course since the user will be a WP user, it allows for account usage for posting or connections with forum or other connected systems.
I hope this clarifies what I am trying to achive.