I've noticed a problem with the automatic build of sitemaps:
- whenever I publish a new post on my site the existing sitemap files (both xml and xml.gz) get deleted.
I've done the following to test:
- stopped publishing
- deactivated the rest of the plugins that might have interefered (W3TC)
- manually built the sitemap (Success) and checked the root to see if the files were created (Success)
- published a new article (success)
- checked the root again for the sitemaps - Files were GONE.
These operations took less than 3 minutes, so the error is there. I've checked the debug option in the plugin and the only error I get is this one:
Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/[domain]/public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/sitemap-ui.php on line 124
Despite that, the sitemaps get built when the manual process is used.
Any help/advice is really appreciated!!