WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Google Doc Embedder
[resolved] Not working on iPad (10 posts)

  1. dgaltieri
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Kevin,
    I admit that I have not ready every post to find the answer, however, easier to just ask at this stage.

    Got your plugin working in browsers on both PC and MAC, even on android tablet, but no luck on iPad. Do you have any thoughts as to why, since it does not use flash? Do you have a version that will work on the iPad?

    Please let me know.
    Cheers,
    David.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/google-document-embedder/

  2. k3davis
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    The plugin doesn't use Flash in any way, on any platform. I don't own an iPad, but it works on other webkit browsers (including Safari) and worked on an iPad last time I had an opportunity to try.

    You'll have to describe the problem a bit for further ideas, but in short there are no known issues with iPad.

    Kevin

  3. dgaltieri
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Kevin,

    Thanks for the update. When looking at a post using safari on the iPad all of the post content appears, except for the GDE window with its content. Not even the download link will appear.

    Here is the link to the post that I am testing with your plugin:
    http://videoframeworks.com.au/shavershop/?p=233

    Works fine on all devices other than iPad, and of course my boss wants it to work on an iPad... :(

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Dave.

  4. k3davis
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Dave,

    In GDE Settings > Advanced Options > Plugin Behavior, check the box that says "Display error messages inline (not hidden)" and save the settings. This will make any error messages display on the page instead of being hidden in the source (which is very hard to get to on an ipad...). Let me know what comes of it.

    The download link appears to be turned off on that page, so it's not visible on any browser. (Or perhaps, it's set to logged in users only, which I am obviously not.)

    Thanks,
    Kevin

  5. dgaltieri
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Kevin,

    Tried the display error messages and nothing appears on the iPad still, no error messages either. I have enabled the download link and that was set to "must be logged in" so it appears on the top but no GDE comes up. Works fine on the PC. However, when I enable enhanced mode same thing happens in the PC no doc reader appears.

    Any other thoughts?

    Cheers,
    Dave.

  6. k3davis
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Dave,

    I'm sorry for the trouble you're having, and I don't doubt there's some issue at play, but it doesn't appear to be with the plugin. There will either be a viewer or an error in every circumstance unless something else is interfering.

    I was able to borrow an iPad (2) for a moment and snapped a photo of the document in question appearing just fine on it:

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6c7q7mrvir1qcp4/2012-08-29_08-51-34_862.jpg

    If you haven't cleared your browser cache already, that's a good thing to try in cases like these where you're having local issues. The other possibility is that browser settings or plugins are blocking iframe support, or the docs.google.com domain, or something to that effect.

    Wish I could be more help, but what you're describing isn't behavior from my plugin, and it does appear to "just work" from here on the link you've provided.

    Thanks,
    Kevin

  7. dgaltieri
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Kevin,

    You have been fantastic. Thanks so much for going to the trouble of even getting an iPad to test. Yes, once I cleared the cache it all worked. I have a demo with the Boss tomorrow and will be able to show him that it works, thanks heaps! You're a legend!

    Thanks,
    Dave.

  8. k3davis
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Great news! Glad it's working for you.

  9. pxlar8
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Just a follow-up to confirm the above fix works. I was having the same issue. Clearing iPad Safari cache fixed it for me.

    On iPad: Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data

  10. dgaltieri
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Yes it worked.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags