Hello and thanks to Gigya for writing such a great plugin! Here are a few enhancements I'd like to see. Some of them I have already discussed with Itamar at Gigya via email.
1. Prevent duplicate users by checking email hashes, user names, facebook user ID's, etc. This has already been discussed. The original post is here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/292249?replies=13
2. Remove the invite friends section from the user profile settings and move it to its own dedicated WordPress page. I've basically done this myself replacing a specific comment in the page text with the invite logic. Itamar indicated you were working on this.
3. Change the invitation logic to send a real Facebook invitation rather than a notification. Notifications are being depricated on Facebook in early January. The current invites system will remain in place. I assume it sends Twitter "invites" as direct messages and sends real MySpace app invites as well, but if not please use those methods for those social networks. Itamar indicated you were working on this.
4. Change the comment publishing to use the new Facebook stream.publish method. I noticed you already have a Gigya API for this, so the WordPress plugin just needs to be updated. I've basically done this already, but haven't thoroughly tested it yet. Itamar indicated you were working on this.
5. Allow users to connect to multiple social networks. Once they've logged in with one, let them connect to more. Also show the standard "edit" link to allow them to disconnect and connect as they see fit (actually I'd prefer the link read "Edit Connections"). This will be nice for inviting friends all at once across multiple social networks. I started coding this, but this one *really* needs to be done by you guys as part of the standard plugin. Please show small thumbnail profile pics for the user on each connected network. Itamar indicated you would be working on this.
And here are some additional suggestions for new features:
6. Give each user a profile page (even non gigya users) that pulls wordpress profile information and if logged in to a social network also pull profile info from there. Display recent posts for author profiles and recent comments for authors and regular users.
7. Create a widget that displays a users friends on the site and also recently logged in users site-wide. If not logged in, just display the recent site visitors. This plugin should display a grid of profile pics with links to either our profile page from #6 above or to the profile on the social network site.
8. I'd like to see your plugin support other plugins. Specifically, look first for the copy of the code to load in another folder and if not found then load yours. Also, provide some filter/action hooks that would allow us to do some of the things I've suggested in this post in case you guys don't want to do them.
For example, let me place modified gigya widget code in a plugins subdirectory underneath your plugin and use those if they exist there. Otherwise use the delivered ones. Also, hooks into things like a user being created, a user connects, etc.
Thanks for listening!