this is a very interesting and promising plugin. I have tried it out for a couple of hours now in a testsite on WP 3.3.1, and I would like to offer some observations.
* The flash multi-uploader is great!
* The list/download section is very clear, and nicely customizable through css.
* It's very convenient that the uploaded files are seamlessly integrated in the backend, under the Media Library, so that categories work and the set of files can be administered through the backend.
* It would be great if we could specify a folder name like 'files' so that uploads would end up in wp-content/uploads/files. This way the uploaded files would not clutter the upload root folder.
* I would like to be able to make the sending of the email an option - I checked 'Only Registered Users' in the settings, so I don't need to be notified after every upload. In this case, the email-field should not appear in the form and the validity of the input in the email field should not be checked.
* In the list view, it would be great to have a way to filter by category - either by shortcode, or by drop down list
* In Firefox 10, the flash uploader has no 'Start Upload' button in the flash frame - in IE8 there is a 'Start Upload' button in the flash frame. It seems to have a different effect than the 'submit' button in the bottom of the form.
* I could not find documentation on how to use the 'type' tag in the ffm_list shortcode - mediacats didn't seem to work.
And last, I translated the .pot file into Dutch (nl_NL); I mailed that to you.
Thank you for a nice plugin, can't wait for version 0.2!