WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Flattr
[resolved] Not working for Instacast (6 posts)

  1. holgi
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    With the Update to 1.0.2 it still is not possible to flattr my podcast (wrint.de) from within Instacast.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/flattr/

  2. VoxPelli
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    For some weird reason the rel=payment links in your feed has double-encoded ampersands in it.

    My own test-blog hasn't got its ampersands double-encoded and I checked one of Tim Pritlove's which should also be running one of the latest versions of the plugin and he hasn't got that problem either.

    I will see if I can find a reason for your double-encoding.

  3. VoxPelli
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    I can't find any reason for this - there's no code in the Flattr plugin that can do this that I can see. Maybe another plugin is doing something weird? But I can't see why it would do that either.

    Anyone having an idea of what might cause this?

  4. VoxPelli
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    This is the feed that I have been looking at: http://www.wrint.de/feed/
    Apparently not the same as the one Instacast uses which is http://feeds.feedburner.com/wrint/wrint ?

  5. VoxPelli
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    I seriously can't find any reason for this - another user reported the same or a very similar issue and I have spent most of this day trying to reproduce and debug the issue but I can't find any reason for it really.

    I think my solution for now will be an option in the settings for disabling the escaping of rel-payment links. Not a very nice solution, but at least better than for some having to patch the plugin.

  6. VoxPelli
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Version 1.2.0 have an option for disabling the escaping of a rel-payment links. I tried to reproduce the error for a long while this time and failed so this was the second best thing I could come up with.

    Will mark this issue as resolved as now the ones with the issue at least don't have to patch the plugin anymore.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags