If you didn't know Custom Contact Form hide a link in your source code, an outdated and bad practice that only hurt websites.
To remove the hidden link from your blog you need to edit the custom-contact-forms.php file and remove the following code:
if ($admin_options['author_link'] == 1) $out .= "\n".'<a style="display:none;" href="http://www.taylorlovett.com" title="Rockville Web Developer, WordPress Plugins">WordPress plugin expert and Maryland Web Developer Taylor Lovett</a>';
Just remove the code or replace the link with a link that you will really like to promote and save the changes.
Hiding text or links in your content can cause your site to be perceived as untrustworthy since it presents information to search engines differently than to visitors. Text (such as excessive keywords) can be hidden in several ways, including:
- Using white text on a white background
- Including text behind an image
- Using CSS to hide text
- Setting the font size to 0
Hidden links are links that are intended to be crawled by Googlebot, but are unreadable to humans because:
- The link consists of hidden text (for example, the text color and background color are identical).
- CSS has been used to make tiny hyperlinks, as little as one pixel high.
- The link is hidden in a small character - for example, a hyphen in the middle of a paragraph.
If your site is perceived to contain hidden text and links that are deceptive in intent, your site may be removed from the Google index, and will not appear in search results pages. When evaluating your site to see if it includes hidden text or links, look for anything that's not easily viewable by visitors of your site.