I upgraded to 3.0 and upgraded contact form 7. This is what happened:
1. users fill out form, hit submit, data entered disappears page does not redirect onto the next step (membership process - payment via paypal is next page). Also, there are slashes in the paragraph text as if to escape the apostrophes and quotes for php.
2. I look at the code. All the ' and " are escaped even if they are just in the html elements this is what is showing up on the form labels as extra slashes.
3. Also the acceptance form sections are messed up.
4. I connect via ftp and overwrite the new contact form 7 folder with the old one I have in my backup locally - hoping I can return to square 1.
5. Now all looks good but when I submit the form I get the spinning arrow and nothing progresses.
6. So how can I fix contact form 7 to work with wordpress 3 without these problems. Dreamhost is my host and I can't believe they haven't gone along with deprecating magic quotes so maybe the developer has something to fix there or maybe it's a bigger issue.
Any help please!