WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Broken Link Checker
My Broken link Checker's broken (10 posts)

  1. tommiekiddy
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I'm using wordpress 3.0.4. I tried installing and activating the broken link checker plugin. The installation is ok, however i get the error below whenver i try activating it:

    The plugin generated 264 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

    P.S I'm using version 1.2.2

  2. Janis Elsts
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    The "unexpected output" message is something that WordPress shows when there was some kind of error, but unfortunately it doesn't provide any clues as to what, specifically, went wrong. If possible, check your PHP error log(s) for the real error message.

    Another thing you could check is the installation log. It's in Settings -> Link Checker, under the "Show debug info" link.

  3. tommiekiddy
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I've tried deactivating and reactivating the plugin and i'm still getting the error.. btw i was getting the same error on my last domain.

    This is the debug info below:

    [Error log moderated. Please use the pastebin]

    Thanks @ehiteshadow in advance

  4. tommiekiddy
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    UPDATE:
    P.S. everytime i try fixing my redirects... i get the error Replaced 1 redirect with a direct link
    Failed to fix 1 redirect

    although it stated "replaced 1 redirect with a direct link" nothing gets replaced. the links are untouched.

  5. Janis Elsts
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    Your previous message was moderated (not by me). Could you instead put the log on the aforementioned pastebin and put the link to it here?

  6. tommiekiddy
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    ok, your can find the log here

    thanks again @whiteshadow

  7. Janis Elsts
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    The only suspicious thing I see in that log is PHP safe_mode being on. That may lead to more false positives, but shouldn't affect your ability to fix redirects. Overall, it doesn't explain much.

    Is it just the "Fix redirects" function that has a problem, or does the same thing also happen when you use the "Edit URL" link?

  8. tommiekiddy
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I spoke to my hosting provider regarding the php safe_mode and they said it's safe to turn on the safe_mode..

    The safe's always been on and the link checker used to work with it.

    And yes its just the fix redirects and doesn't work. it refuses to fix redirects to the redirected url + I get the "unexpected output" error whenever i deactivate and re-activate the plugin.

    Thanks.

  9. Janis Elsts
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    Well, I have to admit I'm out of ideas. I should've made the "Failed to fix" errors more detailed so that they actually explain what went wrong. I'll put "better error reporting" on the to-do list for the next version.

  10. tgigue00
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    The plugin wont allow me to update any URLs in my broken link list... it just gives me the busy icon and never actually does anything...

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic