WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Breadcrumb NavXT
found install error (11 posts)

  1. strozw
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I modified those.

    sorce:breadcrumb-navxt
    method:find_posttypes

    line:731
    global $wp_post_types
    modified to
    global $wp_post_types, $wp_taxonomies;

    line:740
    if(!array_key_exists('post_' . $post_type->name . '_anchor', $this->opt))
    modified to
    if(!array_key_exists('post_' . $post_type->name . '_anchor', $opts))

  2. strozw
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Sorry. I found one more fixed.

    Sorce:breadcrumb-navxt.php
    Method:find_posttypes

    Line:796
    $opts[$taxonomy->name . '_anchor'] = __(sprintf('<a title="Go to the %%title%% %s archives." href="%%link%%">', ucwords(__($taxonomy->label))), 'breadcrumb_navxt');
    modified to
    $opts[$taxonomy->name . '_anchor'] = __(sprintf('<a title="Go to the %%title%% %s archives." href="%%link%%">', __($taxonomy->label)), 'breadcrumb_navxt');

    If $taxonomy->label is multi-byte character, serialization failed.
    And ucwords function is a multi-byte characters garbled.

    So, I deleted all ucwords function.

    Sorry for poor English.

  3. John Havlik
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    I'll look I to the first two this evening, I believe they are fixed I the SVN trunk, but I could be wrong. As for the ucwords thing, I should have used the multibyte safe equivalent. I will fix that tonight. Thanks for making me aware of these issues.

  4. John Havlik
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    Ok, the first change requested was already implemented in the SVN trunk, but the $this->opt was not. I have fixed that, so the concerns brought up in your first post are fixed. For the second one, I have changed all instances of ucwords to the multibyte safe mb_convert_case equivalent. Both of these fixes will be in 3.8.0, and once again, thanks for pointing this out.

  5. Vince
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I am using the plugin version 3.8.0 and running on PHP 5.2.14.

    I get the error:

    Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_convert_case() in /home/XXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/breadcrumb-navxt/breadcrumb_navxt_admin.php on line 705

    I removed the mb_convert_case() on line 705:

    <h3><?php echo $taxonomy->label; ?></h3>

    I also had to make some changes to line 827 of breadcrumb_navxt_admin.php:

    $opts[$taxonomy->name . '_anchor'] = __(sprintf('<a title="Go to the %%title%% %s archives." href="%%link%%">', $taxonomy->label));

    Any idea why this is happening?

  6. John Havlik
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    You are getting the error because your webhost sucks. They for some reason are not including the multibyte character string functions (mbstring). In this day and age you should support these functions. Take it up with your webhost, just note that they will have to recompile PHP to fix this. I may have to write my own abstract function to dynamically switch between the mb and non-mb version for compatibility sake.

  7. Brad Williams
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Same issue here:

    Call to undefined function mb_convert_case()

    Would be nice if there was a check put in place in the plugin to verify this function exists before trying to use it. Not all hosts support this by default so it totally bombs the plugin

  8. kevin
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    hey guys, i'm using the plugin on a linux server for development and it works great. Today i uploaded the whole wp site to the client's server and i get this message when i try to enter the plugin's settings in the admin:

    PHP Warning: array_key_exists() [<a href='function.array-key-exists'>function.array-key-exists</a>]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in E:\mysite\wp-content\plugins\breadcrumb-navxt\breadcrumb_navxt_admin.php on line 581

    The server is running on windows 2003, might be the reason of the fail?

    Thanks in advance for help.

  9. kevin
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    We just switched to linux and now the plugin isnt saving any infos. It's all empty and when i try to save something i get this:

    Some settings were not saved. Undo
    The following settings were not saved: [HUGE LIST]

    Any clue?

  10. John Havlik
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    Did you ever receive a "setting out of date" or "install no complete" message? The only way you would be seeing these issues is if you triead saving your settings without clicking the "upgread now"/"complete install now" link first. You will have to do a settings reset to fix this (click on the import/export/reset tab in he upper right hand corner of the setting page and click the reset button on the dropdown.

  11. kevin
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Thanks for the prompt answer mtekk! Didnt know about the reset settings button, i was looking for something like that but didnt see it was up there.

    Here's what i did in the end before your answer; i had noticed that other few things were wrong on my site and remembered we had changed the server from windows to linux with the database in the middle (got set up under windows). I created a new database and uploaded my sql file, then plugged my site to this new one and got it all (actually almost but it's another story) working a 100%.

    I still had though the red warning message and just updated the settings right now. Looks all fine in the end with the plugin!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic