While testing out one of my own plugins for WordPress v3.4.1 with
WP_DEBUG enabled I noticed that Better Plugin Compatibility Control was throwing up some messages.
I've had a quick look and made a couple of small changes to your plugin's code; see this Gist for the source - https://gist.github.com/3059546
At line 83 I've added a constant for the array element offsets used in
bpcc_pluginversioninfo to stop WordPress throwing a
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 message.
And at line 218 I've added a check to see whether the call to
plugins_api is returning a
WP_Error object if the call fails (which it does if the plugin being tested isn't available via the WordPress Plugin Repository, which is always the case when a development plugin is still being written and tested).
I also initialised
maxpluginver so that they were properly declared if either the plugin wasn't detected in the Repository or if there's no
readme.txt in a local plugin.
All minor changes and not massive in the grand scheme of things. The plugin still works fantastically well and has become a standard part of my default WordPress install. Thanks for writing it.
Just thought I'd share this in case you want to release another version in the future; I noted your website says this is compatible with v2.6 and v2.7 but it runs just fine in v3.4.1 with