One of your recent changes (in 3.2.1) for Auto Post Thumbnail is causing issues with WordPress' gallery shortcode function.
* Added code to correctly link the featured/post thumbnail with the post so that the Media Library shows the association correctly.
If any editor publishes an article with gallery (where images in the gallery are numbered and some are excluded), the featured image generated through Auto Post Thumbnail is inserted in the media gallery without a number after publish_post. This makes the exclude function in the gallery shortcode go awry.
Hopefully this can be fixed, as we really love the plugin.
- Author writes an article;
- Author uploads images through the Media Uploader;
- Author sorts the uploaded images in the Media Uploader and inserts the gallery shortcode in the post;
- Author excludes one or more images (e.g. when using multiple galleries in one post or to exclude our opening image), like:
[gallery columns="2" exclude="1,2"]
- Author marks article 'Pending review';
- Editor publishes article;
- Auto Post Thumbnail kicks in at publish_post to auto generate the post_thumbnail;
- Auto Post Thumbnail links the new post_thumbnail attachment with the article for correct association;
- Post_thumbnail shows up in the Media Uploader without directly assigned (sorting) number
- Post-thumnail erroneously shows up in the published post's gallery on the frontend, cause it has no number and hasn't been explicitly excluded.