Thanks Elijkmw, but this is not my error nor a solution for my issue.
When I attempt to activate it i get a fatal error with no further description.
I had it running just fine. I ran into a situation where, in order to troubleshoot another issue, I had to completely remove my website from my web-server and re-upload it. I deactivated all the plugins, fully downloaded the website, took the opportunity to update any non-updated plugins, and re-upload the site.
When I went to active the plugins again, some ran into permissions issues and I sorted all those out, but AAM still will not activate. I changed all the directories within AAM to 777, I turned off all other plugins and tried to activate only AAM, I completely deleted the plugin and uploaded it anew. And my server error logs do not seem to register any issue when I attempt to activate.
I've done this same procedure many times before moving websites from one server to another and never ran into an issue like this before that I could not solve.
This is one of the better plugins for User Role management these days that, other than this issue, has been very functional for me... I would love to get this issue worked out!