Hello PLEASE HELP this is the most frustrating thing....
Everyone says wordpress is easy but i have not got it to work!!!...
I am having trouble from the start...
so here is what i did
1. downloaded wordpress
2. went to my 1& 1 hosting and created a DB
3. entered the info into wp-config-sample.php
DB_name, DB_user, DB_pw, DB_host
4. saved the file as wp-config.php
upload all the files to my folder
5. in my browser put in http://www.sitename/folder where wp files are/wp-admin/install.php
but i get an error:
Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at db755.perfora.net. This could mean your host's database server is down.
* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.
I deleted the DB and tried it again and again...I even created other folders on different domains i have as a test but i still getting the same error...
What in the world am i doing wrong?! what do i need to do?..
Thank you for your time...
frustrated word press new be user!
[edited title - don't do that]