Today my site http://teachergreg.com won't load.
I'm using 2.9.2 and Firefox. Up to now it's been OK.
I have not tried the new version 3.0 yet.
I ran a diagnostic which said "Your page is missing the closing </html> tag".
Since I can't open the page I can't fix it. I can access my control panel with my hosting service, but I don't know where to find the right file to add the missing tag. Can anyone help?
Here is the full report:
* Your web server [126.96.36.199] is working fine.
* Your blog page took 8.84 seconds to fetch. Your web server might be overloaded.
* Your page is missing the closing </html> tag.
* Your RSS feed is available.
* Your robots.txt file is valid and allows search engines to index your content.
* Your blog is indexed by Google (15 results).
* Your blog is not indexed by Bing.
* Your WordPress version (2.9.2) is out of date.
* Your server's network connection seems slow. It took 8.84 seconds for the page to download.
* Your blog application doesn't support gzip compression.
* Your feed seems slow. It took 2.94 seconds to generate the feed.
* Your blog is a self-hosted WordPress blog.
For support please visit WordPress.org.
The boring technical details:
* Server hostname: b.18.be.static.xlhost.com
* 340 ms page generation time
* 8839 ms page fetch time
* 11 KB/sec effective transfer speed
* 11 KB/sec burst download speed
* 2940 ms feed generation time
* 3050 ms feed fetch time
* 5 KB/sec effective feed transfer speed
* 194 KB/sec burst feed download speed
* Page size (uncompressed): 92,740 bytes
* Content ratio: 56.8%
* Blog If-Modified-Since response: 200
* Feed If-Modified-Since response: 304
* RSD URL: teachergreg.com
* WLW manifest URL: teachergreg.com
* Generator: wordpress.org 2.9.2
* WordPress version: 2.9.2
Page Gzip no
Feed Gzip no
Page 304 no
Feed 304 yes