I used a hack to hide a catagory from the frontpage. Then I hid other catagories by making the first catagory parent to the new (child catagories) and they to were hidden from the frontpage. Just like I wanted them to be.
if ((empty($_GET['cat']))&&(!preg_match('/wp-admin/', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']))) $cat = '-4';
Catagories 5 and 6 were hidden by making them children to catagory 4.
Then I discovered that I can see the child catagory posts on my parent catagory (myblog.com/?cat=4). And I desided that I dont like that.
I implemented the code shown in this link: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/26049#post-195507 and it worked on the parent catagory..... But now my child catagory is showing on my frontpage, and I dont want that!
* I want posts in cat 1, 2 and 3 to show on the frontpage.
* I want posts cat's 1, 2 and 3 to have their own cat links ot their pages ie. /?cat=1
* I don't want posts in cat 4, 5 and 6 to show on the front page cat 5 and 6 are children to cat 4
* I want posts cat's 4, 5 and 6 to have their own cat links ot their pages ie. /?cat=1
* I dont want posts in cat 5 and 6 to show up on /?cat=4
Link to catagory away from frontpage: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/43922
Link to Child out of parent catagory: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/26049#post-195507
Is there anyway to make this work?