OK, I've had some problems with WordPress saving the menu selection before, but nothing to this magnitude.
Here are the basics:
- I'm running the Twenty Ten theme, using a child theme (both CSS and some of the design files are changed
- The theme I'm using is new, but is very similar (only 3 or 4 style changes) from another template I've used and I know the menu works on
- I can create custom menus and save changes to the custom menu. However, if I try to select what menu to use under Appearance -> Menu -> Theme Locations, the "save" doesn't stick. It doesn't update on the site (even after clearing cache) and if I go to another page and then go back to the Menu page, the menu is no longer selected.
- I have tried deactivating all plugins and trying it. That didn't fix it.
- I have tried creating another menu, as well as trying on another browser. It still didn't work.
Like I said, I've had issues with the menus before, though that was usually limited to selecting a menu, and then having it mysteriously get unselected at some later time, but I was always able to just select it again.
I just have no idea what are causing these menu issues (especially this latest one) and it's becoming rather irritating. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this behavior?