I've been through this cycle 3-4 times with the same results:
Problem: After installing site and getting Tools> Network to show; and editing wp-config and .htaccess, adding wp-content/blogs.dir:
The SuperAdmin Menu does NOT appear and cannot set up network blogs.
1) Running WP 3.01.;
2) Edited wp-config.php as per instructions, above "That's all...": uploaded
including: define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
"Warning: An existing WordPress network was detected."
4) Added to wp-config.php as instructed, Below 'WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true); above "That's all" and uploaded:
define( 'MULTISITE', true );
define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', false );
$base = '/';
define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'www.previewresorts.com' );
define( 'PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
define( 'SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
define( 'BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
5) Created .htaccess as per instructions: and uploaded;
6) No security keys installed; no salts prompted
7) I've recycled this by deleting all the files in the domain; deleting the database; created new databases; used the new database specifics in the config file.
ANY IDEAS? How do I fix it?