WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

NextGEN Gallery - not working since upgrade to 3.2.1 (9 posts)

  1. bygabrielle
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I have been using NextGen Gallery for the past 6 months with no issue

    I recently upgraded to WordPress 3.2.1 and once doing so, NextGEN gallery caused a series of problems

    if activated
    1. the plugin will cause the post or page to only show in HTML / the visual section of the post will not be available at all.
    2. my gallery will show the images one under another, normal function of the gallery are not available at all.

    I have another site that I update and I upgraded that to 3.2.1 and the gallery is working no problem.

    has anyone come across this?
    thanks

  2. charlietomlinson
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I have a problem in that my images in my next gen gallery (which appear in my sidebar) don't all load properly. Some of them do, but some of them just show a little box. It's totally random each time I go to my site. I recently updated myNext Gen plugin so assuming that has something to do with it. Maybe its not working properly with WP 3.2.1? Not sure what to do. Any ideas appreciated!

  3. afonsomc
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I'm having the same problem that bygabrielle has.. Any fix?

  4. ruslyrossi
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    same problem here...any solution?

  5. ruslyrossi
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    hai, here is solutions, just update all plugins including NextGEN Gallery and also NextGEN Gallery database, its work for me!!!

  6. ruslyrossi
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    hai,i just updated my php.ini, now all can work without any problem(ask your hosting provider to updated)

  7. Alex Rabe
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    And "what" do you updated in your php.ini ?

  8. ruslyrossi
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    suhosin.post.max_vars = 2048
    suhosin.request.max_vars = 2048

    .....

  9. Mr E
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    As ruslyrossi said I did the following:

    Update the plugin and database (this is not one step, the db load is different)

    Then I made a file called php.ini (as I didn't have one already) to have the items he noted in the post above mine. After about 45 minutes my hosting providers server adopted the php.ini file update and I was fully functional with thumbnails.

    On a side note, having minor issues editing the thumbnail selection area. This may be unrelated to the problem.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic