I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that says I really do know the answer to this question (and is not good) but I thought as a last ditch effort I would ask it here so here goes:
1. I have(had?) a self hosted blog on my B&B’s domain.
2. I recently changed the hosting service for my domain.
3. Once the new hosted migrated my pages to their “cloud” my blog disappeared and I could no longer access it or the admin page for it.
4. New host said “Oh yea, we thought we could host your blog, but ops! Sorry we can’t...only the B&B’s pages. (#*&%*&#)
5. New host suggested I contact the old host to see if I could activate my account again long enough to migrate my blog from .org to .com with wordpress.
6. Old host says “No; and we do not have a copy of your domain pages anyway”
7. I have a back-up of my domain’s pages including the WP folder, but I don’t think that is really going to help me at all, is it?
So the question is, have I lost my blog entirely and must start over again or is there some process I can go through to get my site active again and moved to wordpress.com?