Thanks for your attention, I appreciate your time. Anyhoo's...Am I missing any required tools to setup a multisite WP? Also, do you have advice to help with this adventure?
This is what I have:
- test domain
- CentOS w/Plesk
- root access to mediatemple (gs) server
- ssh putty client
- extra IP address
Solid resource links:
I did a swift setup two different times. My first "path-based" network I created worked out flawlessly, I was able to create a batch of five sites that tested great.
My second "domain-based" network was not as successful. Each created site links toward the default IP address on the server. Is that because of .htaccess?
Things I'm not 100% clear on:
- is mod_rewrite causing this problem?
- what can I tweak in .htaccess to troubleshoot?
- what is proper value, record type, and host for wild-card?
- is a 100MB database suffice for 10 "sites"?
From what I've gathered so far, each site is virtual. Does that mean every site created will generate a sub-domain with-in Plesk "Website & Domain" section? Perhaps that's all stored in the database?
Thanks again for your help, big time :D