I have been trying to develop this idea for a while now but I am having a hard time figuring out exactly how to do this, and it's taken a lot longer than I'd hoped through trial and error, so I'm finally asking anyone and everyone for help with this! I'm going to lay it out in bullets so it's easily to understand (and each bullet point must be met, as it's vital to the project).
- Basically the site would be similar to Flickr but built on WP as well as closed off and private (expandable to eventually taking in paid members).
- Member signs up (needs to be approved by site admin), gets their own photo site.
- User can create unlimited galleries (also private, hidden to robots).
- User can invite someone to view their gallery by entering that person's email address, then WP will shoot an email to the person with a private link (maybe with some unique token affixed to the URL? ala Facebook's gallery sharing).
- Images should be handled with Lightbox or similar effect.
That's all. Basically users can sign up and make a private gallery and send the link out to friends without the friends having to ever sign up themselves. On paper, it sounded simple as anything, but for some reason I have hit some major walls.
Btw, if there are any ways in WP to do this so the user doesn't have to visit the WP backend, which I have a hard time thinking there is, that would be great. Reason being is that the people I'm looking to appeal to aren't exactly technically savvy, and I can't spend a lot of time answering questions for them, so it ultimately has to follow "Keep It Stupid Simple" approach.
Thank you in advance if you can provide any help or guidance on how to get this done!