Been surfing around, experimenting with WP, multi-site setup and various translation plugins but run into a bit of a road block. What I would like to do, and am wondering is even possible is:
- 4 languages: English (primary), French, Spanish, and Portuguese
- each is in a separate sub directory (probably using mod_rewrite or published to static files for speed)
- CDN some aspects (images, js, css, the usual)
- ability to translate from English to the others (mostly manual, but some machine pre-translate would be sweet), while still allowing each to have their own set of posts - so there doesn't need to be a 1:1 ratio of English to X language
- each maintain their own set of comments, relative to the post language.
Is this possible, and if so ... how? What do I need?