WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Moving wordpress multi to different domain and vhost - cannot log in and menu pr (4 posts)

  1. purcell
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I am trying to move a wordpress multi install to a different vhost on the same server and a different domain. Currently we are testing the process by copying everything to a new vhost, with a new database to try out the process before we move the production sites.

    I can visit the new domain and see the sites we moved. The internal links have updated to use the new domain. Unfortunately the menu links all point to the old domain and I cannot find any reference to that domain in the database. I also cannot log into wordpress. I go to http://newdomain/wp-login.php and log in with the admin user. I am redirected to and logged into the dashboard at olddomain.com.

    Procedure:

    1. Do a mysql dump of current site
    2. Create new database, dbuser
    3. import mysql dump into new database
    4. copy entire vhost with wordpress install over to new virtual host
    5. update wp-config with new database name, dbuser, password, and siteurl
    6. searched through all files in vhost (theme files, everything) for the old domain and replaced with new domain
    7. create an apache entry for the site
    8. updated fields in wp_(x)_posts, wp_site, wp_blogs, wp_sitemeta
    9. when updating the fields in the database above still did not resolve the issue
    - Used the search and replace tool (http://interconnectit.com/124/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/) recommended by the codex (http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress#Moving_WordPress_Multisite)
    - searched a dump of the entire database and still failed to find a reference to the old url

    I tried following the documentation I found and none of these seemed to resolve my issues:
    - http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress#Moving_WordPress_Multisite
    - http://interconnectit.com/124/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/
    - http://tech.ipstenu.org/2012/moving-wordpress-multisite/

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  2. 8. updated fields in wp_(x)_posts, wp_site, wp_blogs, wp_sitemeta
    9. when updating the fields in the database above still did not resolve the issue
    - Used the search and replace tool (http://interconnectit.com/124/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/) recommended by the codex (http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress#Moving_WordPress_Multisite)
    - searched a dump of the entire database and still failed to find a reference to the old url

    Wait, you updated the fields and THEN used the S/R tool to fix them? Becuase if so, that's wrong. Re-import the DB, pre-updating of the fields. DO NOT try to update them. Use the tool instead.

  3. purcell
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Sorry for being unclear. We ran the S/R tool on a fresh import of the DB. (we did initially try it on the version we tried to fix in PhpMyadmin, but when that failed we did a fresh import and ran the S/R tool).

  4. gillispj
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I just fixed a simliar problem by renaming all database tables prefix to wp_1, and then matching this on wp-config--around line 65-- $table_prefix = 'wp_1';

    there was a lot of other stuff too, but this was the main source of problem after troubleshooting for 2 days.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic