I decided to change the theme on my blog but wanted to add some special features (like Ajax inline commenting, livesearch, etc). I created a new installation and called it a test blog. Now I have done all the testing and like the layout, etc. but am unsure the best way to get all the plugins and and new theme to marry with the existing database.
My thought is to do the following. Tell me if there is a bettter or right way to do this.
1. Backup both wordpress and testwp databases.
2. Export the "options" table from testwp databases.
3. Drop the "options" table from wordpress.
4. Import the testwp options table into wordpress database.
5. Copy over entire testwp install of wordpress.