WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Moved site to subdirectory. URLs now have extra characters. (4 posts)

  1. angelalgibson
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hello all,

    I did search for this before posting, but in reality I don't even really know the proper search terms because I don't know what's happening.

    I just moved a root install of WP to a subdirectory on the same server by following the instructions here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory

    The move went smoothly and everything works - e.g. no 404 not found, no broken links or broken images... BUT now these characters #.TzKclJieCs8 are appended to every single URL.

    So, for example, I now have http://mysite.com/subdirectory/about/#.TzKehJieCs8
    instead of http://mysite.com/subdirectory/about

    Any ideas?! How do I fix this?!

    The site works. The URLs work, but it's going to be a problem for SEO...

    Thanks!

    ~ Angela

  2. kissmydomain
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I have been experiencing the same issue with a clients web site as well. I have been doing some research and have had no luck I was really happy to see this post maybe we will get some answers soon. As for the SEO I have not seen any issues from the extra characters, because I think that when the search engines crawl the site it does not generate the extra characters I think they are only showing in the users browser once the page is loaded. Hopefully we will get an answer soon.

  3. kissmydomain
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I found a fix right after I left lhe last message I hope this works for you. I discovered the string was due to a bug in the latest version of the AddThis plugin. I have unchecked "Track address bar sharing" until the bug is fixed and that took care of the problem. Let me know if this helps

  4. pinchel
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    By some slim chance I found this topic. Thank you! I also was having this trouble along with Facebook links not working correctly, was thinking the extra url characters was linked to that issue. I unchecked the track address bar option and the extra characters. So that problem is solved.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic