I'm running a 3.3.1 WPMU site at WPEngine.com.
Everything regularly slows down down to a crawl when editing and when I check the chrome task manager I see that the problem is that 3-4 tabs are using about 900,000K of memory and up to 25% of the CPU.
This ONLY effects the tabs that are open for my site. Other tabs run normally.
If I close just the tabs related to the site and then reopen them everything is fine and dandy for a while. It absorbs memory at the rate of about 1k a second...
AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget
Advanced Custom Fields
All in One SEO Pack
BWP Google XML Sitemaps
Content Attribution Emailer
Google Analytics for WordPress
jQuery T(-) Countdown
Social Media Widget
WP to Twitter
The problem recurs after shutdown/reboot etc.
I don't particular want to work in another browser so it'd be great to have either a fix or some idea as to where to start troubleshooting.