I have had this problem for the last few days and I am baffled. When I try to upload a 4MB (or anything larger) .mp3 in WP, the progress bar gets stuck at "crunching..." When I try the browser uploader I don't get any progress at all and it sends me back to the original uploading page. I don't get any errors with either methods.
Uploading works fine with older versions of WP, but as soon as I update to 3.3.1 I have this issue.
Here are the things I have tried to debug:
- I have tried this issue on different browsers - FF, Chrome, & Safari (on mac) and FF, Chrome and IE (on PC).
- I have tried deactivating all plugins and switching to default theme
- I have installed a fresh, out of the box WP install with the default plugins and theme
- I have cleared my cashe, cookies, reset my router, reset my browser and rebooted my computer.
- I have been on tech support with my hosting company
- I have disabled mod_security in the .htaccess file
- I have double checked the max_upload size (it is set at 64MB)
- I am able to upload smaller images and it works fine
I am able to upload the files via FTP. Also, even though the image uploader gets stuck on "crunching" the files usually upload to the server. I can see this by FTP-ing to the server.
The only thing I can think of is that this could be a bug with 3.3.1, but I have been doing a ton of searching around and I can't find anyone with the exact same issue as me.
If anyone has any ideas I would love you forever.