When I try to upload an image using the Upload New Media page (Media|add new) I get an IO error or a HTTP 500 error depending on which version of the uploader I use.
I’ve seen all sorts of ‘solutions’ to this on the WP forums but nothing works for me.
I’ve deleted all the core WP files from the root WP folder and the wp-admin folder and the wp-content folder and uploaded these again from the original WP download site but the problems still exists.
There must be something in my 1and1 dedicated server WP environment that is causing a problem.
Do you have any ideas?
Do you know how I can pin point the IO error more closely? Is there any logging that will help?
I've looked in /var/log/httpd and the messages log in /var/log but there is nothing relating to an IO error or HTTP 500 error.
So far I've tried:
1. Upgrading to PHP5
2. Adding this to the htaccess file in the root of my web site:
#BEGIN Image Upload HTTP Error Fix
#END Image Upload HTTP Error Fix
3. Adding this to the htaccess file in the root of my web site:
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php
4. Setting the permissions on the upload file to 755
5. Reinstalling wp-admin and wp-included plus all the files in teh root of my wordpress installation
6. Disabling all the plugins
7. Using different themes (the problem affects more than one word press installation on this Linux server)
I've looked at these posts:
It's clearly something related to my server enviroment so does anyone else have any suggestions?