So, I have a Multisite Network setup for a client with 5 sites on it in subdirectory format:
I need to map:
domain.com/owner to theowner.com
From everything I've been reading and researching, it appears that I should be able to do this no problem with the WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugin that I've been using, however it isn't working. I have setup the A record for theowner.com and it redirects to domain.com, so it's pointed right, but for some reason WordPress isn't picking it up.
I am currently using Flywheel for my hosting and they are of the opinion that I should be converting this to sub-domains in order to make the domain mapping work. I have added the domains for the site into their domain management utility as well, so I'm not sure why this isn't work. I have another server with them running subdirectory install and it is working no problem, so it just seems like there is something I'm missing but I'm not sure what that might be.