This is an odd one, and I would really appreciate any help.
I was looking through a small collection of themes I have installed on my website and was alternating between WordPress' 2014, 2013, 2012 themes, a theme called BlogoLife, and an older theme called iNove. After I had activated them one at a time, I settled on the WordPress 2014 theme and that's when I noticed a problem. My FORMAT, CATEGORIES and TAGS boxes were all missing in any new post I tried to make.
I uploaded some screenshots to http://imgur.com/a/gN033 for a little more detail. The first image is what I see when I make a new post now. The second and third images are what I see when I go to edit a published post or edit a previously saved draft. The second and third images are what I used to see all the time when I made a new post. It looks like I really messed up something browsing and activating those themes.
I also am no longer able to save any drafts. I type in a headline and some text in the body and press SAVE DRAFT, but nothing new appears in the POSTS or DRAFTS section.
I tried a few things to see if i could fix the problem.
* Switched to the WordPress default theme - same problem
* Went to the THEMES folder through FTP, renamed TWENTYFOURTEEN to TWENTYFOURTEEN.OLD, re-downloaded the wordpress 2014 theme from wordpress.org, uploaded it to the THEMES folder and tried selecting it in the admin panel - same problem
* Deactivated all of the plugins I have in the wordpress admin panel and switched back to the WordPress default theme - same problem
* Logged out of wordpress completely, renamed the entire PLUGINS folder through FTP to PLUGINS.OLD, and logged back in to wordpress - same problem
* Checked permissions on wp-admin and wp-includes folders in FTP - both were already 755
* ADDED define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false ); to wp-config.php - same problem
* Went to updates in the WP admin panel and chose REINSTLALL NOW. After the process finished successfully, I went to try a new post - same problem
* Went to USERS and checked and unchecked the use WSYWIG editing - same problem
* Tried another browser - same problem
* Tried another PC - same problem
I broke something pretty good and I have no idea what I did wrong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!