Hi guys, fellow devs,
I am planning a nice little open service for the WordPress community. Since the bad old combo of SVN + Trac is such a big pain I want to make it as simple as possible for devs to move the complete development process to GitHub and thereby to git.
Have a look at the current note: https://mm.tt/280020631?t=BIOoIuRWme
Important limitation: for open source projects only!
To make this project happen I need all the help I can get.
I will provide all the infrastructure required and give as much of my time as possible to the project.
As you can see in the mindmap I am only in the planning phase and no real work is done yet.
v1.0 of the service should provide:
- Listing of registered projects
- Moderated registration of projects
- UI for project maintainers
- Features: (for project maintainers)
- import a SVN repo to Git(Hub) [tag creation, remapping of authors]
- create a task to push tags to WP.org SVN repo
- set project details (homepage, maintainers, etc)
- your input on what technologies to use (ruby, php, etc)
- your expertise on how to these technologies (e.g. I have no idea about ruby)
- your opinion on the idea itself :-)
- contributors, supporters, helping hands, whatever you would like to be called
I hope you like the idea and give me some feedback.
[ Signature moderated. ]