I have a vision for a niche website for a niche group of people. I was inspired by the old delicious.com and am extremely frustrated by current variant. However, I always wanted to build something a little more useful based on the old format for what my niche needed.
There are several basic purposes to be met by the site:
1. Users bookmark fiction/stories to create to read lists, read lists, & favorite lists.
2. Users write reviews of the bookmarked fiction/stories.
3. Users comment on each others' reviews.
4. Users share bookmarks and reviews.
5. Users watch each others' lists/reviews and/or "friend" each other.
6. Searches based on tags, fiction/story authors, fiction/story titles, user names, keywords in summaries & reviews...
7. Bookmarks contain a fiction/story title, a fiction/story author, a URL, tags, a age rating, word count, and possibly genre.
I attempted to create this site about a year ago on my own and just got overwhelmed. I hired an outsourcing group to build the site with unsatisfactory results. But I still have the need, so I'm attempting again and going back to WordPress, something that I'm familiar with, though I'm not familiar with it's current variant.
I'm hoping someone can help.