WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Loco Translate
[resolved] Loco running, translated but not visible (9 posts)

  1. MarcelCramer
    Member
    Posted 6 months ago #

    Hi, I installed the plugin, got it working, translated the theme I have which is a shop theme that works with Woocommerce.
    I generated the po and the mo, all well but for some reason even after syncing, the shop elements I translated through the theme do not appear translated on the frontend. even manually downloaded the po and mo and put them on server and replaced the existing ones... nada... what could be the curious case?

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/

  2. timwhitlock
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 6 months ago #

    Can you verify whether the MO is valid? email it to support at localise dot biz if you're not sure.

  3. MarcelCramer
    Member
    Posted 6 months ago #

    how can i check myself it its valid?

  4. timwhitlock
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 6 months ago #

    A few options

    1. Try dragging it onto this:
    http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#msgunfmt-Invocation

    2. Run the Gettext msgunfmt program against it
    http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#msgunfmt-Invocation

    3. Write some PHP code that calls gettext() on it.
    http://uk3.php.net/manual/en/book.gettext.php

  5. timwhitlock
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 6 months ago #

    Sorry first link should have been this:
    https://localise.biz/free/poedit
    don't know what happened there

  6. MarcelCramer
    Member
    Posted 6 months ago #

    Dragged it there, used that to create new files, still same. wordpress will not show the translated shop theme. All the other stuff is difficult for me. Not a developer (but learning this way might just be the case) ;)

  7. timwhitlock
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 6 months ago #

    Ok, well I'm afraid that Loco's job is to generate these files and it sounds like they're valid.

    All I can suggest is to check you're loading your text domain correctly and read up on WP localisation practices. http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress

  8. MarcelCramer
    Member
    Posted 6 months ago #

    solved it, something really stupid (usually is), the naming convention of the po and mo in the theme folder contained in the master language folder in wp-content was wrong. It said default instead of 'theretailer-nl_NL'. Grrrrr ;)
    Thnx for your help though!

  9. timwhitlock
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 6 months ago #

    Glad you've sorted it.

Reply

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

About this Topic