WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Localization problem after server move and upgrade to 2.1.1 (5 posts)

  1. Rune Clausen
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    I moved to a new server - that wen't reasonably well... only a few issues with danish chars æøå/ÆØÅ. But after upgrading to 2.1.1 from 2.0.x on the new server localization stopped working!

    Changing wp_lang setting i wp-config doesn't seem to have any effect. I've tried several different language .mo files - so the language files don't seem to be the poblem.

    My setup is:
    Wordpress version 2.1.1
    php 5.2.1 (with gettext enabled)
    Mysql 5.0.33

    No error messages to give me any clue. This is really annoying me... any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

    -Regards

  2. Rune Clausen
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    Still troubling me... Anyone out there with ideas?
    -thanks

  3. boetter
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    And also troubling me, someone should really look into this?

  4. gelle
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    I have the same problem :( Got localization working on local box but when I try at a remote server I can't get it to do localization.

    Remote server:
    Wordpress 2.3.1
    FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p7
    PHP Version 5.2.4
    MySQL 5.0.45

  5. gelle
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    So I got my problem solved by doing two things. First I used an altered version of wp-includes/gettext.php created by Boetter and Shevy.dk. Secondly I reuploaded wp-content/languages/da_DK.mo with FTP firefox plugin instead of Filezilla.

    Thanks to Shevy, Boetter and Runemester for their help :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic