Can anyone see what's happening here? For launch, I've used General Settings to change the Site Address to be the top level of the site. (I've done this on more than 20 WordPress sites with no problem before.)
If you try to visit http://www.hytrainium.com, you will notice that it takes FOREVER to load. If you use the network panel in either Chrome inspect element or Firefox's Firebug, you can see that there is a ridiculous 301 302 redirect loop happening. HELP!!!!
Here are the things I've tried so far:
- switching themes to verify that it isn't my theme
- deactivating all plugins. no dice.
- blasted away the .htaccess file in public_html
- copied the .htaccess frile from public_html/wp-dev/
- created a new .htaccess file that starts with a anything to http://www.hytrainium.com
- went through WP database tables and thrown out the lines relating to a redirection plugin that we used to have installed
- tried installing several tools which supposedly fix canonical redirect problems
- cleared my own cache
- tested in multiple browsers