WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

"Last Upated" (5 posts)

  1. thelonecabbage
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I wrote a pluggin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bloggers-circle/)
    And updated it last night (Dec 8th, 2010), but the "Last Updated" marker on the plugin's page still only lists the original upload date (2010-11-18) as the "Last Updated".

  2. Matthew Denton
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Is .65 the latest version of the plugin? Did you update the readme file with your release? Not sure what the root cause is but I usually update the readme and meta data in the plugin main file and it picks up the change within 15 minutes (WordPress's plugin refresh rate).

  3. WatchCount.com
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I've had the same problem with my own plugin. Last summer when I uploaded v1.1.3, the "Last Updated" date correctly updated fine.

    Earlier this month when I uploaded v1.1.4, the Last Updated date remained/s stuck at last summer's date. The updated plugin does indeed show/list properly as 1.1.4, and downloads properly too. The pie graph showing the breakdown of versions also reflects correctly.

    Did I update readme.txt? Sort of. I update that separately from plugin version upgrades, since I just need to declare that the latest version of WP works with my plugin ("Tested up to" line).

    I wonder if the cause is this... I use the "Trunk Method" whereby I always have the latest/current plugin version in the trunk folder. In other words I don't retain and tag past releases. In readme.txt I have "Stable tag: trunk". Maybe the Last Updated field looks for a change in that line?

    - WatchCount.com

    Edit. I just found this post. A moderator says it's a known issue happening to many other people as well. It's in queue.

  4. WatchCount.com
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Just a polite bump to see if any progress has been made on this issue...

  5. WatchCount.com
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    For anyone following this thread...

    I think this problem is old news. I recently committed some changes to the readme.txt of my plugin (updating WP version compatibility) and in doing so it updated the plugin's 'Last Updated' date published in the WP Plugin Directory. So, I consider this evidence of problem solved. (Thanks, WordPress folks!)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic