WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

My Calendar
jquery freeze error continues after upgrade (12 posts)

  1. carlosgonca
    Member
    Posted 6 months ago #

    I've already upgrade to new version. I read it was the solution to error about freeze when you try to create an event. But in my site the same problem continues. Do you have any suggestion about what I can do?

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/my-calendar/

  2. Joe Dolson
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 6 months ago #

    Can you tell me more about the issue? What is actually happening? I'm not familiar with the issue, off hand.

  3. carlosgonca
    Member
    Posted 6 months ago #

    I start putting the content. When I try to put the correct date, nothing happens, all freeze in screen.

  4. Joe Dolson
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 6 months ago #

    Can you submit a support request? This is probably a plug-in or theme conflict.

  5. S. Padilha
    Member
    Posted 5 months ago #

    I have the same problem here. When I click to select the date if freezes the browser window and I can't even reload the page.

    the error is when I click in the field below:

    <input type="text" id="event_begin" name="event_begin[]" class="event_begin calendar_input" size="11" value="2013-10-20">

  6. S. Padilha
    Member
    Posted 5 months ago #

    Well, I think the issue is caused by jQuery version (v1.10.2) used on the latest version of WordPress (mine is 3.6.1) as when I forced the Admin to use jQuery 1.9.1 it fixed the issue in Firefox (not in Chrome).

    by the meantime you can put the code below on your theme's functions.php and that will fix:

    add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'change_jquery_vrs' );
    function change_jquery_vrs(){
        wp_deregister_script( 'jquery' );
        wp_register_script( 'jquery', ( '//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js' ), false, '1.9.1', false );
    }
  7. S. Padilha
    Member
    Posted 5 months ago #

    I've found that the issue is on the jquery.calendrical.js for users using the Brazilian Summer Time Zone on their system. And it only happens on Webkit browsers (I've tested only on Mac).

    If put a file that shows 10 days of this month, one after another, using the setDate method of JavaScript.

    http://spadilha.com/brtbug/

    In webkit browser it show to me:

    Thu Oct 31 2013 00:00:00 GMT-0200 (BRST)
    Wed Oct 30 2013 00:00:00 GMT-0200 (BRST)
    Tue Oct 29 2013 00:00:00 GMT-0200 (BRST)
    Mon Oct 28 2013 00:00:00 GMT-0200 (BRST)
    Sun Oct 27 2013 00:00:00 GMT-0200 (BRST)
    Sat Oct 26 2013 00:00:00 GMT-0200 (BRST)
    Fri Oct 25 2013 00:00:00 GMT-0200 (BRST)
    Thu Oct 24 2013 00:00:00 GMT-0200 (BRST)
    Wed Oct 23 2013 00:00:00 GMT-0200 (BRST)
    Tue Oct 22 2013 00:00:00 GMT-0200 (BRST)
    Mon Oct 21 2013 00:00:00 GMT-0200 (BRST)
    Sat Oct 19 2013 23:00:00 GMT-0300 (BRT)

    Fri Oct 18 2013 23:00:00 GMT-0300 (BRT)
    Thu Oct 17 2013 23:00:00 GMT-0300 (BRT)
    Wed Oct 16 2013 23:00:00 GMT-0300 (BRT)

    You can see that there's no day 20, and that's making the script to go into a endless loop.

  8. Joe Dolson
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 5 months ago #

    Thanks for the detailed documentation of the issue - that's pretty obscure, but I'll work on it.

  9. carlosgonca
    Member
    Posted 5 months ago #

    Thanks, Padilha and Joe for your help!

  10. Joe Dolson
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 5 months ago #

    @spadhila -- Your link goes to an error page; can you provide that link again?

  11. S. Padilha
    Member
    Posted 5 months ago #

    http://spadilha.com/timezonebug/

    But you'll only see the bug if you set your machine time zone to Brazil (São Paulo).

  12. Joe Dolson
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 5 months ago #

    So, I just can't seem to trigger this bug. I'm running your test script, on Chrome on a Mac, with the timezone set to Brazil/Sao Paolo - and I'm not seeing any problem. All dates are there, Oct 17 - Oct 31. I've also set up my own test, modifying the dates so that today's date isn't at the end of the sequence - but it's still appearing fine.

    Oddly, when I run your test script, everything shows up as GMT -0500, UTC; my copy of the same script shows up as GMT-0200 (BRST).

    Not sure why that would be, since both scripts are running in the same browser, same OS.

Reply

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

About this Topic