Hi! I'm cleaning up someone's WordPress site and I need to edit the widgets... However, something is blocking these simple toggles for expanding/collapsing! This includes:
- the navigation on the right
- the toggles on the dashboard.
- Quick edit won't toggle.
- Categories tabs (All categories/most used under Post) won't toggle
- The dropdown on the top right won't toggle
- The screen option and help tab on the top right doesn't toggle.
- the Visual/HTML tag DOES toggle.
- ALSO - there is no more shadow box for the image, media, etc. panels (above the WYSIWYG)! It opens as a new page in the same browser.
I've never encountered this issue before. I've reinstalled this website's wordpress a few times, all the plug-ins are up to date, it's the latest version of wordpress.
Could a plug-in effect the back-end? Could something in the front-end theme effect this? Which folder should I look in for the .js script for expand/collapse, to make sure it's there?
This should not be any different, but just in case: I am using a Mac Book Pro, and these issues are coming up on Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
Can't wait to hear everyone's suggestions and ideas! Thanks. ♡