WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Incomplete translation in the NB_NO.MO file (4 posts)

  1. Zaitzev
    Member
    Posted 8 years ago #

    I was reading about your Localization ( found at http://wiki.wordpress.org/?pagename=WordPressLocalization ). The reason I'm writing this, is that it appears to me, that the file nb_NO.mo (both versions), aren't fully translated. The file itself as well as the translations already made, are working, such as translated days and certain words/sentences.

    But I now find that the majority of "important" strings aren't translated. This really annoys me, as I would have to manually edit each php-file and translate the given strings to my language. Isn't this what the .mo files are all about?

    Also, I found that the nb_NO.mo file has alot of wrong translations, any way to "fix" this?

    I also searched around, couldn't find a comprehensive "howto" on the total translation-work myself. I downloaded and installed poEdit, which was kinda jibborish to me (Didn't want to compile the .po for example).

    Those who have any idea, please let me know! =)

  2. moshu
    Member
    Posted 8 years ago #

    The old Wiki was replaced by the Codex.
    Here is the link to the relevant page: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language

  3. Zaitzev
    Member
    Posted 8 years ago #

    Just downloaded the file and replaced it with the one on the server. Actually, I can't see -any- changes. Some parts of the language is still in English.

  4. moshu
    Member
    Posted 8 years ago #

    There might be (at least) two reasons:
    1. Some strings in the theme files were not marked for translation.
    2. The strings were marked, but they were not translated in the .po file.
    (p.s. I am not familiar with the theme...)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic