I am not trying to "bump" my post, but I did some more research on this problem and wanted to report it, so that when you do have time to take a look you will have all the info I know at hand.
On the primary site of the network all works fine, browser calls the image location (via the right click menu in Firefox browser) as http://urban-hydro-gardens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/solanum-lycopersicum-vl-150x150.jpg
I find that image at
I added a pic to a page. it gave it a location of
I found the file at that exact location in the file manager.
On the newest sub site that isn't working (urbanhydrogreens.com) , the page source refers the image as such:
This directory structure didn't exist in Cpanel file manager. I created it and copied the image file into it. It still didn't display on the page.
Cpanel file manager finds the file at:
When I add a new pic in urbanhydrogreens.com, the browser reports the pic at:
Cpanel has the uploaded pic at:
The pic doesn't display
The other subsite is urbanhydrogardens.com. It displays all the pics correctly but if I add a picture to a page, I encounter the same problem as the urbanhydrogreens site for that picture only.On urbanhydrogardens.com, the browser reports the pic at:
I find the pic in cpanel at:
I added a pic, and the browser reports it at http://urbanhydrogardens.com/files/2012/03/mizuna-300x201.jpg and cpanel finds it at /public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/4/files/2012/03/mizuna-300x201.jpg
The pic doesn't display on the page.
I have a feeling the update treated my network as though it was a sub directory type multisite, when actually it is a subdomain type multisite. At one time not too long ago I was haveing a problem with pictures on urbanhydrogreens.com. That time, the support tech at Hostgator was very helpful and managed to come to solution. The pics were not uploading and it was not creating the folder to put them into. Unfortunately I didn't save the chat script for that session so I don't remember all the details.
Nonetheless, the update to 3.4.1 seems to have altered my file structure for urbanhydrogreens.com, and that's why none of the existing pics will display. It didn't alter the file structure for urbanhydrogardens.com, and the existing pictures display but when adding new pics the program seems to want to save the files to a different place than where it reports them to be and so uploading new pics to either of those 2 domains results in broken links rather than displayed pictures. The primary site of the network (urban-hydro-gardens.com) functions perfectly in all manners. I hope that explains the problem well enough for you to get an idea what might have happened, and how to fix it. I hope also that you are enjoying your vacation. I am patiently waiting until you have time to address this. Thanks.