I've created such a mess I don't know where to start. I think problem started when I went to updates and ended up updated my theme without doing a backup first.
Now, the links on my site are all broken and even in the media library they are broken. If I upload a new image, it appears broken as well. I checked via FTP where the the image path is and the images exist there, but don't show up on the site.
Furthermore, now when I go to the site or try to login to it, I'm getting "Forbidden you do not have permission to access..."
I haven't received a call from my client...yet. Hoping to resolve soon!