WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Image issue still not resolved in 3.0 (5 posts)

  1. worldblogosphere
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    It seems I have worked out all other issues. Thanks to those that have helped.

    My only remaining issues is that my images do not work since upgrading to 3.0. I have gone through all of the suggested fixes I have found through searches. None of which have worked. My server tech support happened to look into the issue briefly while fixing another problem for me and says it seems the images are being place in one spot, and the program is calling them, but expecting them to be in a different spot.

    I went and did some poking around. My .htaccess file is changed from blogs.php to wp-includes/ms-files.php .
    My images are being uploaded into my wp-content/blogs.dir/BlogID/Files/Year/Month .

    So, where is it that this locale is supposed to be called within the code? Is it supposed to be in the ms-file.php file? If so, I certainly do not see it. Did something go wrong and the images are supposed to be uploading somewhere else?
    Does anyone have a clue what fix I need?

    Please help, my users are becoming less and less understanding about the problems on the site thanks to the upgrade to 3.0.

  2. worldblogosphere
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Added note: My wordpress is loaded in the root directory. So the WordPress to WordPress plugin really does me no good. (Yes, I have it installed just to be sure.)

    My config file is changed, as is my .htaccess file. I have also finally been able to complete the "Update Network" step now.

  3. MacRamsay
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I have had similar problem (and user understanding!) but managed to get the images working again by debugging (fiddling) with .htaccess file - using a # at the begining of each line to comment it out and so find out which line (or more) is causing the problem... Here's what i have on at the moment to get the images going (remember, everything with a # at the start of a line is not currently active):

    RewriteEngine On

    #RewriteRule ^/?$ /mybag/ [L,QSA,R=301] << that's a redirect because my site is installed in a sub-directory, not the root.

    RewriteBase /mybag

    #uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/$ mybag/index.php [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*wp-content/plugins.*
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/(.*) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$2 [L]

    # add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    # RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^.* /wp-admin$
    # RewriteRule ^(.+)$ $1/ [R=301,L]

    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule . - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-.*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

    <IfModule mod_security.c>
    <Files async-upload.php>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </Files>
    </IfModule>

    BUT!!! The sub-sites on my network are malfunctioning - they show broken CSS and their admin panels are not accessible!!

    I am currently trying to get this sorted via this thread: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/420853?replies=10#post-1590469

    Good luck, sorry i cant be more specific.

  4. My server tech support happened to look into the issue briefly while fixing another problem for me and says it seems the images are being place in one spot, and the program is calling them, but expecting them to be in a different spot.

    My .htaccess file is changed from blogs.php to wp-includes/ms-files.php .
    My images are being uploaded into my wp-content/blogs.dir/BlogID/Files/Year/Month .

    This is default behaviour. That's what the rewrite rules do in the line you changed on upgrading - it tells the browsers to go find the images where they are on the server and to rewrite the URL to somewhere else in the browser.

    Lemme go poke around....

  5. Well, worldofblogsphere, I'm looking at your site and a recent post that looks like it was since the upgrade, has an image uploaded to the site and viewable just fine.

    And a lot of others look fine, but this one:

    http://deviatedspectrum.worldblogosphere.com/ms-files/2010/07/50s-cold-cream-commercial.jpg

    Clearly has the wrong foldername in there. take out the ms- and it shows fine.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic