I can’t get any plugins to work on WordPress(2.1.2) in IIS 6.0. WordPress 2.1.2 itself seems to work fine. I attempted to install several plugins unsuccessfully. Each time it appeared that references to code in other directories under the website root could not be executed.
For example one of the plugins had a drop down box on a form that enabled you to choose a language - the code behind it accessed a directory called “lang” that allowed a list of different languages to be chosen. The functionality of the drop down list didn’t work and was blank. Similar occurrences happened with other plugins. I’ve tried everything I could to make any work.
Out of desperation to troubleshoot, and with no mind for security, I have even tried:
1. Giving both the <sitename>_Anon and < sitename >_Admin user accounts both full access rights to all files and directories in the website
2. Giving the IUSR_<servername> user account full access rights all files and directories in the website.
3. Giving the user group IIS_WPG full access rights to the entire website, files\directories.
4. Gone into IIS MMC and enabled Directory Browsing through out the website.
5. Going into the PHP.INI and adding a doc_root reference to the parent website directory.
It appeared to be a security issue with not being to traverse directories at first. Then I thought it was an issue of processes in IIS 6 could not be kicked off. After trying all the above now I’m not so sure now. Any advice would be helpful.