WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] I get 400 Bad Request and %EF%BB%BF in url (3 posts)

  1. qqqq9999
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi!

    I started getting this error a few days back.

    I exported posts in xml, deleted WP, installed brand new, imported .xml file with posts and attachments, the only this that I did - set permalinks to "Post name".

    I changed url, updated the post. I still get the same error.

    Here how it looks like : http://russianartsales.com/%EF%BB%BFsurrealists-and-%EF%BB%BFsurrealist-painting/

    I searched. Found that that might be because of byte order mark. I installed the script to delete that from all my files initially. Did not help.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. Pioneer Valley Web Design
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Re-upload the original unmodified files that were modified (by cut and paste) and start again. Do not copy and paste code directly. They need to be UTF-8 here and follow protocol elsewhere.

  3. qqqq9999
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    You were right I copied the text I used and pasted into url box and pasted it notepad++ and it had an invisible regularly byte order mark in front of the two words.

    I pasted the text I used to paste into the ulr box into notepad++, it showed up, i deleted it and now everything is fine.

    But it weren't the files. Only the text that I copied and pasted in url box without checking.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic