Apologies for the delay - was working my little butt off :)
Ok. Have a major look at your files (html & CSS) and discovered some anomalies...
1) You're missing your beginning html - insert <html> at top of page
2) delete spare
</ul> from meta section just before closing meta </div>
3) Insert in post-6 just before closing </div>
between feedback div's
5) Insert closing content </div> directly after closing splitcontentright </div> ie:
</div><!--closes content--> /*goes here*/
6) Insert clearing div after closing content div:
7) Change comment textarea cols="100%" to 85%
8) Delete 2x </div> directly after </form> - not necessary
1) delete background images [you mention this templates doesn't rely on them, so I removed them]
/*width:530px; */ comment out
margin:10px 13em 3em 3em;
/*padding:10px 0 0 10px;*/ comment out
padding:5px 10px 10px 0;
margin-top:10px; /*insert this equation */
you mention #content twice. You need to remove the second notation which is just after your #header information.
Everything sits nicely, as its suppose to with the exception of your text Post "Shitty Test Post".
I couldn't alter the post position without dramatically changing the css, as there was NO CSS for this storycontent div.
Perhaps you have the css for this elsewhere? You'll need to adjust the margins to allow it to fit snugly after your wordpress menu box.
Looks perfect (with exception mentioned above) in all browsers: Opera, FF, Moz, Net, IE6.
Hope this helps.