I've searched and searched and found somewhat related articles and support topics.
Here's my my situation:
- I have a brand new domain with Yahoo.
- I installed WP with Yahoo's 1-click install.
- I decided to write my own theme, so I set up a local PHP server with MAMP (mac) and a local installation of WP in my laptop.
- In addition to making my own theme, I went ahead and set up my content pages--uploaded a bunch of images and set up pages with image galleries. I entered titles and description for a ton of images.
- I tried to simply upload everything into the "/blog" directory where the remote WP files were. It broke everything and All I saw was a blank page when visiting my domain/blog. I could still see the "Under Construction" plain HTML file if I went to my domain.com
- I called Yahoo support and they helped me de-activate my WP blog using the web hosting control panel. It deleted everything. Now All there is in the remote directory is the plain HTML "Under Construction" page and a tmp folder.
- I guess now I'm ready to take the necessary steps to move everything I have to my domain via FTP.
- What steps do I take? Install through Yahoo again? Install it on my own by copying everything again?
- One thing I've read about is about wp-config.php and that I have to edit it to include my domain instead of "http://localhost:8888".