OK so this may be a bit lengethy but here is what I have been facing.
in multi site i have:
currently site1 was the primary site and what happened was the DNS was changed because now :site1 is on it's own instance on a different server.
once we did that unfortunately we could not reach that site anymore so I was forced to go into the wp-config and make :site2 the primary site.
the issue is that I can now see the site but every time I try to access anything within the site it populates a /de. I tried taking it out from the wp-config and the database and unfortunately it breaks the DB connection.
The other issue is that I can't log into the site.
I need some serious help on this guys. I have been up nearly 24hours doing this and I am about to tell my employer that I quit....
if this is not enough detail let me know I am a bit tired and am hoping this makes sense to someone....