Hello all. I'm a Mac user trying to migrate my TypePad blog to WordPress. I've read a lot of the how-to guides on this but they aren't resolving my problem. Please help!
In short, I used the importer in WP 2.7 to import my posts, but they don't appear anywhere on my WP site.
In long, here's what I did:
1) Used TypePad's Export function to move the posts to my hard drive. It created as a file called download-export.htm. Curiously, none of my permalinks or any URLs were in this file. Tried this several times with the same result.
2) Coverted this file to text by saving that doc as a text file, cutting and pasting it to TextEdit, and saved that file using Format < Make Plain Text. I gave this file the name "mt-export.txt".
3) FTPd the mt-export.txt to my wp-content folder.
4) At WordPress, under Tools, I followed the procedure to import the mt-export.txt folder. I mapped to the existing author.
5) Damn! No new posts or comments or anything appear on my site. It's as if I'd never done anything at all.
If it helps, the typepad site I'm importing from is here:
And the site I'm importing to is here (it's just a messy placeholder):
What am I doing wrong? I'll try anything!